Quality control happens everywhere, from food production to manufacturing and healthcare! That means there are countless quality control positions all across the Region. And if you’re ready to start a job that leads to a career, JMJ Staffing is here to help.
What is Quality Control?
Quality control is a process that ensures production meets the highest standards. The process looks different for every industry, but quality control generally requires thorough knowledge of standards, operating procedures and best practices. Working in quality control, you will identify areas where standards aren’t being met and help your team correct any issues.
Quality Control Inspector
As a quality control inspector, you might weigh, sample and sort different products and test them. Many people make careers as quality control inspectors, meaning more positions will open as these folks retire! To get a quality control inspector job, you’ll need:
- A high school diploma or GED
- Great work ethic
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to learn
Quality Control Supervisor
Most manufacturing teams have multiple inspectors, and these workers need a supervisor! Quality control supervisors ensure that the inspectors and team members meet the industry’s standards. Because these jobs are supervisory, there are increased responsibilities and pay. To be a quality control supervisor, you’ll need:
- Previous inspection experience
- Proven skills at supervising others
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to identify problems and create solutions
Quality Control Manager
After working as a supervisor, the next career step is quality control management. Managers oversee the entire team, including team supervisors, and frequently meet with higher-ups to discuss procedures, findings and strategies. As a manager, you’ll need:
- Multiple years of inspection and supervisory experience
- Excellent communication skills with leaders and clients
- Thorough understanding of industry, standards and procedures
- Analytical skills and strategic mindset
- Some college education preferred